How to clean a flipcover?
Now THIS is one question which a lot of people have, but haven’t bothered trying.
So, how do you actually clean a flip-cover?
I’ve got a Samsung Galaxy Grand, with it’s original White Flip-Cover, and it’s gotten dirty, in time, while I procrastinated to clean it, it kept getting dirty and dirtier with the oil and dirt from my hand. So like anyone else, not knowing how the flip-cover would react to traditional cleansing agents like soap or nail-polish removers, I googled it. You’d find answers, but they’re like “You may try this but I haven’t done it.”, “This should work, but not sure.”. Now i’ll tell you what I did, because i’ve done it many times.
Simple stuff, how to clean your flip-cover:
- Take an old and unused tooth-brush.
- Take some detergent or any soap, even body soap would do.
- Use plenty of water and soak the flip-cover.
- Rub soap or apply detergent on the flip-cover.
- Rub the flip-cover with the brush.
- Don’t be afraid to brush it hard, but not way too hard. Just hard enough to brush off all the dirt. The original flip-covers can take some shit. You can do the same think for the non-clothy side of the cover too.
- Air dry the flip-cover. You can use hair-dryers or use a towel or cotton-swabs to soak the excess water out of it after cleaning.
That’s it! That’s really it! It was that simple!
If there’s an easier way to do this, please let us know.
- The brand-mark on the cover that says “SAMSUNG” and “GALAXY <model-name>” won’t wear off that easily, however, it’s advised to brush the text areas a little lightly if you can.
- Make sure that you have brushed and washed off all the soap from the flip-cover. Remaining soap will affect the quality of the cover.
- Don’t apply the cover back on the phone immediately after cleaning it. Let it dry completely before you apply it back. Common sense. Duh!
I dare you to find an easier and cheaper way to clean it. 😀